Flexible braided teflon brakeline source?

HI

I am converting my drums to disc in the front of my super beetle.

I have received flexible stainless steel braided lines to replace the rubber hoses, but must re-use the rigid (traditional) metal brake line to go from this line to my caliper.

I rather use a flex line as if I ever have to replace the rotor, I don't want to have to disconnect the rigid brake line from the caliper thereby "opening up" my brake system.

I've looked on the internet for these hoses and with my setup, I will need a flex braided line with 2 male ends - traditonal bug-size. So far I found a few companies and have called one of them and they wanted ~ $32.00/hose.

I'm still shopping around but was wondering if anyone has already done the leg work and found something for a good price.

I know there has been a recent thread & much discussion about this and was wondering if anyone has made the replacement already.

Thanks!

Matt S.

Reply to
MATT S.

I just ordered some:

David Gravereaux

Wait a sec...

I forget what my front looked like 2 years ago when I did the disc swap. My kit already had S/S flex lines for the front. The caliper does need to float around on its mountings. The flex line should go from the solid on the frame all the way to the calipers.

Reply to
David Gravereaux

I made my own, bought the materials from a race shop that specializes mainly on Ford rally cars.

Jan

"MATT S." wrote:

Reply to
Jan

Oh yea, on my page here, you can see the hose kit

Jan

"MATT S." wrote:

Reply to
Jan