Front end work

My 79 convertible has a bad shimmy on the highway, so....I'm doing a complete front end rebuild. Is there a company that makes an entire kit with all the bushings and other such goodies that I need? I keep finding places selling individual parts and they're going to nickel and dime me to death here. I did find a urethane suspension bushing kit that looks like it has all the replacement rubber stuff, but I have no clue what else I would need.

Thanx, Shane

Reply to
Shane

"Shane" wrote

Contact

they will have everything you need, they specialize in Super Beetlefront ends and can advise you on what you need.

-- Scott

Reply to
Scott H.

Is It A Super Beetle?.....................I didn't see a specification for it..................I thought the end of the Super was mid-seventies>?./?./

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

MUADIB®

"MUADIB®" wrote

I assumed that the OP is in the US and was referring to a Beetle. All convertible Beetles from '71-up were Supers. The last Super sedan was '75. The convertible continued until '79/'80. For the US anyway ... not sure about elsewhere but I believe it was the same.

-- Scott

Reply to
Scott H.

Reply to
Ben Boyle

Thanks. I went there and it looks like they have the same urethane bushing kit and they actually explain what each part is for. But I see that they like to lower Supers. What a shame. This one is bone stock, right down to the toolkit under the back seat. Shane

Reply to
Shane

"Ben Boyle" wrote

There must be an echo in here ... an echo in here ... echo in here ... in here. :oD

-- Scott

Reply to
Scott H.

"Shane" wrote

Hey, they don't *make* you lower yours. :o)

So is mine, still have the tool kit, the jack hold down thingy and even the pneumatic windshield washer works ... bone stock ... well, except for being lowered 2" in front and adding a passenger side mirror, a trailer hitch and an aftermarket radio :o) .... but I have an original radio. I appreciate a bone stock VW as much as anyone but I do like improvements/modifications that help driveability or comfort, as long as it's not anything that is not easily reversible.

Mine still even has those cloth-like things that wrap around each side of the fresh air fan box, but they're not in great shape ... does anyone know of a source for those? I'm thinking that they're probably unobtainium. I've tried searching at several vendors websites and can't come up with them.

-- Scott

Reply to
Scott H.