Fuel line routing!!

Well, n my quest to prevent my 69' beetle from ever catching on *dun dun dun* fire ive come to a road block...how should i route my rubber fuel lines? i have the body off right now, ive already decided to use steel filters instead of mealty plastic ones, the PO had the fuel line come off the frame horn, come around the left (as your looking at the engine towards the front of the ccar) and over the the cooling tin, actually it was sitting on the tin heh, i want to know if its possibe to use enough fuel line to hug the transaxle,come up the back of the doghouse,and down to the fuel pump...any logical suggestions welcome.

Reply to
Exille

Use as much metal line as possible...

From tank to engine:

I have filter right after the tank, from the horn I use some (bendable) 1/4" brake line (held in place with the tabs under the luggage comp. If you look under you'll se what I mean.) Then I bought a section of metal fuel line from CIP, which comes in from the tin's hole, wraps around fan tin and bends to the fuel pump. All the separate metal lines are connected with a small connecting piece of rubber hose (and clamps). The piece I bought from CIP was about $5, but can be made with brake line (1/4").

Reply to
Mel P.