Fuel Tank Capacity

I have looked in the workshop manual but cant find this info so I thought I would ask you guys! Its for my 1303 73 Bug litres or gallons I dont mind, I am trying to work out the MPG. Thanks

-- Paul Soames

1973 1303 Beetle -
Paul Soames

Uh, for MPG(l), just fill it, drive it, fill it and check the pump. Beats having to run it to empty.

Reply to
J Stafford

Go here:

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

Reply to
Paul Soames

That's horrible. What carb are you using?

Reply to
John Stafford

You definately have a problem there, even my Navigator does better than ...

Tim

Paul Soames wrote:

Reply to
The Guy

Its a brand new 1914cc and i am still in the running in period, I am using dual twin Webber 44 IDF's!

Any suggestions on tuning would be appreciated!

Reply to
Paul Soames

I JUST got my 73 super that has a '70 1600cc stock with a 31pict carb....what kind of milage can I expect from it?

Reply to
GusDaDog

Ya think we are psychic or something? Drive it and you tell us! Okay, okay, between 8mpg and 35mpg. Guaranteed.

Reply to
John Stafford

Psychic ? Or did you mean Psycho ?

My 67 with a 1500 gets about 35 on on the highway, 28 in town.

Randy

RSMEINER

What can I do to improve the mpg? I have tweaked the mixture and idle but is there anything else?

Reply to
Paul Soames

Something is very, very wrong. You might step over the

and ask in the Drag and Speed section. Yourproblems could be anything from deckheight to jetting, an open manifold..or all of the above. I have a pro-built 2165 that gets as much as 40mpgat 65mph. It can be done.

Reply to
J Stafford

ok ok so i found the problem very very simple problem at that. The speedo wasnt reading the milage correctely, to every true mile the speedo only recorded 0.3 of a mile which meant I actaully done 333 miles instead of my recorded 100! As you can guess the MPG improved greatly to 41MPG time to find a new head I have messed about with the old one but cant find a way to solve the problem. I think the cog that runs off the worm gear is just slipping on the milage counter shaft!

Reply to
Paul Soames