GA Tags for year model

Hey, does anyone out there know what the cut off year is for a registered car to run the year model tag? I can't seem to find it on the dmv site and called the tag office and they said 57. Although I had read somewhere, that they had passed it for later models. Of course, that was on STF and it is down again at the moment! Anyone know? THanks Kathy Jacobs yep, I am back, used to be a regular here.

Reply to
southeastvw

No answer to your question,

But welcome back Kathy :) Be sure to check out our New Year's Chat if you happen to be online on new years eve.

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

course,

Reply to
southeastvw

I would expect that 1970 would be the last year for YOM tags because Georgia went to a different numbering system in 1971. Check on the web for YOM or Year Of Manufacture Tags.

Charles of Kankakee

Reply to
Charles Fregeau

I'm doing great, thanks...

As for the chat instructions, look for a thread named "new years chat?"

It will be on Undernet network, #ramva channel.

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

- Chris

eldgrim

According to the Georgia code it is 1957. Interesting, why that year?

Charles of Kankakee

Reply to
Charles Fregeau

Thanks for that link. Husband looked through it and made some calls. He thought he had saw it somewhere that it was later. So I had bought him a tag for his 68 Crewcab. Now he can't use it on the rear!!! Oh well, have to place it on the front I guess. btw Ga doesn't require front tags like other states. Jan, sorry I missed the chat! I am sure it was a good one.

Reply to
southeastvw