Gaps in the tinware

Goes to show that you must be in a warm & less-rusty area. I don't even see any original Rabbits here anymore, unless they are in the garden eating. ;-)

Hmmm but I think from the factory the exhaust nuts are special. Maybe that engine had been worked on before or it is one of the new Rabbits. Are you pulling our legs? I don't think that any of the original Rabbits used allen-head nuts or bolts for the exhaust studs. I could be wrong though.

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

Are you kidding? I live in Minnesnowta, about 250 miles from your place.

Reply to
John J

Neighbor! lol

And you still see Rabbit running around there? wow they have been blown away from the windy city, Chicago. ;-)

Still strange that you found the exhaust manifold attached with allen bolts.

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

Yes, anti-seize has been applied in sufficient quantity to -every- intake and exhaust fastener to coat the threads all around in their entirety. Having been down the troublesome path of a twisted-off stud in the past I'd rather not do it ever again if I don't have to. :-)

The car still isn't 100% done, had company in town but at least the garage floor is mostly clean and the engine has been napping comfortably in the engine bay. I need to finish it up and drive the damn thing.......

Chris

Reply to
halatos

I understand about the anti-seize and am with you 100%. ;-)

One more day and you will be driving again, I am sure! Good luck!

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1