Gene Berg Oil Temp Stick

Has anyone used the GB oil dip stick temp sender that connects in line with the oil pressure sender?

Looks like a good idea for the price.

Mike

1969 Beetle 1978 Super Vert
Reply to
SRV Mojo

They work. I tested mine in a pan full of oil on my garage stove and a meat thermometer, and it went on right at 220 degrees.Don't boil the oil in your kitchen; water would be better if you are married and want to stay that way.

Reply to
Kaferdave

Simple, effective and inexpensive.

A good item.

Max

Reply to
Max Welton

My dad was one of the greatest shade tree machanic ever. He swore by them.

Bobby in Savannah

Reply to
RDavis1957

My dad swore a lot too.

;-)

Reply to
Max Welton

I believe that the majority opinion is the the temp dipsticks work. The only problem being that you have to deal with Gene Berg Ent. in order to get the part.

Reply to
Jerry Johnson

In my experience that has never been a problem. Maybe it's you.

Max

Reply to
Max Welton

I believe that Berg Ent has changed their behavior in dealing with customers. Which is something which was started after the death of Gene Berg. Years ago when I worked with my Dad on ACVW, he stopped dealing with GBE due to their rude behavior and their 'our way only' attitude.

Reply to
Luft Gek?hlt

I don't have to "believe". I know first hand.

Gene's been gone for what, eight years now? I've been back in the hobby for about five years and bought a fair amount of GBE stuff in that time. I've never had anything but first-class treatment from Dee, Clyde, Tim or anyone else at GBE.

I never got the chance to meet Gene. But I have met and very much like the family he left behind. I'll be happy to have done half as good when it's my time to go.

Max

Reply to
Max Welton