Glass Action Fiberglass Question

After visiting their site I was wondering if anyone has ever used one of their fiberglass pan halves. They are bolt-on which would be a plus for us non-welders. Any experience with thier stuff? Like Eric's post I was also wondering about speaker panels, and the wrap-around dash.

Reply to
Rebecca

...no I have not, and would not use them. I *am* however familiar with some of the companies other products. Glass Action....formerly known as Innovations in Fiberglass....has very poor quality control. They use a chopper gun fiberglass spray system, and thickness of the finished piece can and does vary dramatically. But even spotty quality aside there are safety concerns to address. how are you going to attach yopur seat???? Bolt it??? So, in the unfortunate event of a collision you wish to be riding on seat which is bolted to a variable thickness peice of fiberglas...which is then in turn pop rivetted to the frame of the car????? My advice??? Buy a welder. You can buy a Lincoln welder from Home Depot for $3-400 Make sure you get the little lincoln with gass attatchment. I have looked at the pictures of your car....the costs to have all the welding needed to properly restore that vehicle will great;y exceed the cost of buying a cheap welder. Consider taking vocational classses on welding and body work. I this way you will reciseve the skills necessary to do the work needed to, again,. properly restore your vehicle.

....good luck

..Gareth

Reply to
Gary Tateosian