good VW air cooled mechanic in IL

l am looking for a good VW bug mechanic in northern IL. too many guys think they know this car but don't. I had one guy looking for a spin off oil filter.

Reply to
SB71

where in northern IL?

Reply to
One out of many Daves

If you live near Rockford, I would highly recommend Nelsons VW. They are real pros, and pretty much can do anything with your air cooled VW. They did some suspension and steering work for me and it turned out great. Ryan, the owner, is always cool and helpful. Here is a link to their website.

John

Reply to
Jakalope

more info or links can be found on this Illinois site

One out of many Daves