Got my fresh air box in, needs the 'tubes' - where to get? Defroster ? too...

Ok, I got the vents and fresh air box installed back in my 72SB. I realize now there should be some tube that spans from the box to the vents - who carries them?

Second on my list. I have new heater boxes and hoses (boxes installed by prior owner, hoses by me) and I get GREAT heat to the floorboards. Now, I see the lever that shows HEAT-DEFROST. I pulled it up for defrost, but no heat comes out of the window vents...not sure why. What am I missing? I have the fresh air knobs hooked up, flaps are properly opening/closing.

Thanks for any info...winter is a comin'...

Reply to
Barnhart Pinball

Likely the tubing from the front of the heater channel up the incredibly-you-cant-see-up-there-let-alone-get-a-tool-up-there space to the defroster diffuser has come off. PITA job, but necessary.

DD

Reply to
DD

If you have what i think you have, the "second" lever actually closes off the floor vents with cables that rust up and jam really easy. I would check their operation and if they are rusted and broken or etc you could try to replace them with some kind of wire or somehow figure out how to open or close the floor vents manually, I would shut off the back vents regardless, stick the bottom of a beer can over the oulets, to shut off the hot air. h

Reply to
Cletus

I mean the back seat heat is really not necessary, my 73 is plenty hot with the back seat heat totally shut off, but with the front floor vents able to shut off with the "second" lever to get all the heat to the windshield. If your defrost lever moves the floor vents at all then good luck! they are very adjustable, hope this helps you!!

Reply to
Cletus