Help With Bus Ball Joints

My front suspension started squeeking suddenly last weekend. Squeeking is not actually what it's doing - it's more like stacato WAILING! It sure is loud. I'm deaf in one ear and can't hear with the other and it's STILL loud! Anyway, it's one side that's noisey and as I said, it seems to have come on rather abruptly. The new ball joints were installed summer before last, so less than two years on 'em. They're sealed. Has anyone had ball joints get noisey? Has anyone drilled and tapped for a grease fitting? I wonder if there's room?

Reply to
Busahaulic

My 71 had plasticplug in the top. I took out the plugs and screwed in zerk fittings and have kept them greased. They had sudden onset squealing with every bump in the road. The grease knocked off the noise. The boots are torn and I intend to replace them but for now everything is OK Timk11

Reply to
Tim Klopfenstein