Herbie Colour Code

Hello all

My latest buy (actually got another 1303 1975 last week too with empi wheels and new tyres - 125GBP :-) )

Was going to paint in herbie colour and add decals, maybe rear wing air ducts as per herbie nascar.

Can anybody tell me the color code for herbie - Ta

Rich

Reply to
tricky

Sorry - don't know the herbie color code. Isn't it just white? These guys have all the bug colors documented:

Congrats on the score - Looks nice! Not too sure about the whale tale, though.. Maybe you can use it as a catch basin for changing oil or stuff that falls off while you're working on it. It probably also makes a nice TV dinner tray :)

Remco

Reply to
Remco

my opinion:

get that tail cut off. No function and it's ugly

Reply to
aiiadict

Yeah Yeah Yeah ... Its a whale tial !!!!

Heirbie had one :-)

I wasn't planning on making it my daily driver ;-) As it is de-seamed you could use it instead or a roof rack !

Just saw an opportunitiy.

tricky

I would have taken it too - That's a great deal! I'd certainly roll it (less the tail, of course :)

Am also always on the lookout for deals: This morning I passed by a towing yard and an older bug (pre 68, judging by the taillights and decklid) had no tags and an orange CT state trooper "abandoned" sticker on it. Tomorrow I'm stopping in there to see what the deal is...

Remco

It is adictive !

I need to get some ready to sell. Rduce my stock ...

I think I will 'cut my teeth' with what I have and sell them all , then look for an old classic oval ragtop or something.

Rich

----- Original Message ----- From: "Remco" Newsgroups: rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled Sent: Wednesday, November 09, 2005 9:01 PM Subject: Re: Herbie Colour Code

tricky

L87 Pearl White. Same as my '66 :-)

Herbie was a US-Spec 1963 Ragtop.

Reply to
Howard Rose

Rich. Hate to say it, but that is one ugly bug !!! Engine missing a few bits, so take some hoses if you are going to drive it back. Still it was cheap.

Splitty going yet ? :-)

james

Reply to
Juper Wort

Yes its different and some will love it some will hate it - thats why I bought it.

I dont think I will keep it long, just herbie-fy it MOT it and let it go.

He put the hoses back on - took them off to change the plugs. I allready drove it back, it goes quite well.

Its a bit more rusty underneath than he described it. Will need a couple of patches. Worth the money but I would be wary of buying from him again.

There is a ticking noise when you brake - I remember a thread about that a while ago - will have to google.

Rich

----- Original Message ----- From: "Juper Wort" Newsgroups: rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled Sent: Thursday, November 10, 2005 8:11 AM Subject: Re: Herbie Colour Code

Reply to
tricky

I think it was me. I adjust the rear brakes and it gone.

Joao

Joao Eliseu

Thanks Joao

Rich

Reply to
tricky

There is an either purple or black, looks like a 67 sitting out in the 'front yard' of a salvage yard I drive by on the way to work. I'm going to stop by Saturday and see what's up. This is near Chicago.

If it's the one I think it is, the owner wanted 4500 for it just 2 years ago. This guy sells runners for like $50 or so . . . We'll see.

Charles of Kankakee

Reply to
n5hsr