How are cylinders numbered in a Vanagon ?

My '83 vanagon, since changing the distributor cap, rotor, and plug wires, runs REALLY rough. I'm wondering if I didn't get a plug couple wires crossed even though I was particularly careful about it.

The Bentley manual says the firing order is 1-4-3-2. Okay, but I can't find where it says where 1-4-3-2 are physically. I.e, is #1 the passenger side towards the front of the Van, or what ? And the others ?

Thanks.

Reply to
Fred Mau

See this page on my web site:

about half way down. Speedy Jim
"I have no use for a car which has more spark plugs than a cow has teats!" Henry Ford, when advised that Chevrolet was introducing a 6-cylinder engine.

Reply to
Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim wrote in news:9_K0i.1164$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr22.news.prodigy.net:

Exactly what I needed. Thanks.