How do I make carb run richer?

I've been having hesitation problems with my ragtop with new engine, carb, etc. The carb is a 34 Pict with a push/pull diz, timing set at 5 ATDC at idle. I adjusted the choke today, a little too much it turns out. The choke didn't go off, but the car ran great with no hesitation. This leads me to conclude I am running too lean, so which way do It turn the mixture screw in order to make it run richer? Is it in or out??

--Dan E

Reply to
Braukuche

Bigger jets !

Reply to
Oldbie

Screwing with the idle circuit isn't going to do the trick. You might have an intake manifold leak, and/or maybe your accel pump isn't set right.

Reply to
jjs

Hi.Out(CCW)richens.But adjust the choke to off with a warm engine or you will only be chasing a ghost.Steve

Reply to
Ilambert