How much horsepower??

94mm stroked to 78mm. Heads of 42x37, ported and polished. 1.25:1 rockers, and all the little goodies. Whats a decent estimate of horsepower. Im not sure what cam, what cam should i look at?? I was thinking webcam 163? Thanks ~Peace~justin
Reply to
Nxqzablesk8er
80hp with $#!^^Y heads, and 170 with good ones. This is why our 1914cc longblocks spank most of the magazine vendor's 2275 and 2332 engines; they are selling on price and supply you with "big valve heads" with horrible (or nonexistent) portwork.

the cam should match the heads and RPM you select.

john Aircooled.Net Inc.

Reply to
John Connolly

I was thinking about the cb performance heads, with the porting and polishing. Not their top of the line, i think its their second one up. THis one most likely

So if i end up with 150 + Hp, what kind of considerations do i need to do. Dual valve springs? (looks like those have dual springs?) anything else?

Reply to
Justin D

Im not sure what you mean by matching the heads? And how do you select RPM? i'd like to keep it lower, so the engine can last longer.

Reply to
Justin D

It is the combo this makes the most hp, not a big head, cam or high compression. It takes guys with Dynos or guys like John that have had the experience with engines that can tell you. I have made that mistake myself many times. Have the right combo and an engine that is 1700cc and it will blow away a 2200 cc that has bigger heads and a hi performance header system that was a mix and match. Also the 1700 may even last longer. Keep asking till you feel you got right answers from the right people.

I went T-4 because I figured I could have a 2000cc stock engine and forget the bad memories of blown T-1 engines that I built. When I did,I stayed close to stock with my 2.0 914 in my bug. Only if I knew then what I know now, man I would be pumping out 150hp easy and expect over 150 miles of engine life. My engine was dynoed at 120hp and in my 1700 pound bug that is fast. Power to weight you are talking Porsche boxer. But I could have had 150 hp!!

Joe Cali Next Generation - USA

Joe Cali - Next Generation-USA