hydraulic floor jack servicing?

my trusty old floorjack no longer lifts as high as once it did, also when it reaches the top of its stroke, it rises a bit then falls back some 3mm or so.

1) i want to fix it up, i suppose i'll have to refill the hydraulic fluid (which do i use?)

2) do i drain the old?

3) where do i refill it (if possible)

thanks Dieter

Reply to
Koos

I bought a pint size bottle of hydraulic oil 10 years ago. I still have half of it left. You might have to hunt around for it but it's available.

When my jack loses pressure, I usually find it's a low oil issue. You might want to consider that before you tear it apart.

--

Reply to
Oldman

You can buy hydraulic jack oil at your FLAPS. It's possible that the ONLY problem is that it just needs its oil level topped up.

Yes, you will have to to get everything apart.

There's usually a port on the side somewhere. Depends on what style of jack you're talking about.

-

Jim Adney