hydraulic question for '87 vert

Hi, the driver side hydraulic needs to be replaced. I have the new part which actually came off of another fox body stang. Would I be able to just reconnect the new part ? Would I have to add any more fluid? Also I just had a complete top put on the car and I notice a lot of air coming into the car from where the top meets the windshield. I can really feel it at about 70+ mph. I never noticed it that much with the old top. Also is it possible for the right side ball joint and strut to fail at the same time? They were both original part. Thanks for your help. I doubt I will be able to respond since I dont know how to do it without starting a new message. Thanks again.

'87 GT vert 181,000 beaten to hell everyday miles basically stock exept for 2 1/4 flowmasters and 16" ROH's

Reply to
THE NEED 4 SPEED

THE NEED 4 SPEED opined

Yep, yep.

Take it back to the top installer

Yep. A bad strut will finish off a worn ball joint right quick.

Suggest do all fronts ball joints/struts same time.

Mmm... pretty sure AOL has a reply or follow-up icon to click on.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic