Install power windows

Hi, Thinking of installing power windows into my 64 bug...Has original windows with vent...Would like to keep it with those windows but convert them to power any recommendations?

Reply to
User705459

I'd be very interested in this too. I'd like to convert my 79 Bay to electric windows without remanufacturing the whole system, the cable lift works fine so maybe just a compact motor and wiring.

The Bay from Oz smegggg@yahoodotcom

Reply to
Smegggg (John)

...Gareth

Reply to
Gary Tateosian

I have used this brand power windows in many ford vehicles, a few GM's, and have looked over the application guide fo other cars. The company has a great reputation for customer service in my industry. I was getting ready to buy some last year and went through the pricing and all, they are reasonable priced on their VW Bug kits. I am not sure whether they are "universal" or VW Bug Specific, but their kits are very solid in my experience. Good luck Company that builds them is called Electriclife. Thought I might mention that because the link below does not.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

MUADIB®

Thought I'd add a small bit of info too. The type of system for the beetle is Cable style. part # VK57-1094 C.

once Again I have never used this kit, but I have confidence in the company that builds them. A class A bunch as I have dealt with them for tech support.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

MUADIB®

Holy moly! Nearly $400? I have a better idea. Just pay a friend to drive around with you and roll down your windows for you when you want.

I was thinking about an electronic lock kit for my bug so that I could put a good car alarm/door lock system on it. But it doesn't appear that Wolfsberg West sells those kits anymore. And if they are $400, I can live without. :-)

-Ray

Reply to
Ray Dios Haque

Sorry, But I must add more!.............LOL

I was kinda hip on the lifetime warranty thing that the company gives with their window kits too.

I read a bunch since posting the original link. I had forgotten about the switches being sold seperately too. Sorry for the mis-info.