Intake manifold boot

Ah, Memorial Day weekend in Boston or what feels more like Seattle East. Too much rain and wind to bring out the Bug. Hopefully things will improve this weekend. I'm going to replace my intake manifold boots on my DP engine with the split boots from Aircooled.net. Is there any tips that I should take to heart prior to starting? Should I put RTV on the boot to seal it? It looks fairly straight forward from a process stand point. I'd like to keep the profanity to a minimum if possible.

I'm also looking to go back to a stock air filter from the aftermarket filter. I have both a paper filter that my '73 orignally came with and an oval oil bath filter. First, which is recommended to do a better job. It's not very dusty where I live and drive so that won't be a factor. Second, Is it OK to use an oval oil bath filter (if I go that route) on a bug engine? I've only seen the round oil bath filters on bug engines in ads.

Thanks! Hopefully I'll be driving her to work soon.

Scott

Reply to
Houdsie