Jetta Diesel Will not start

I have trouble to start my engine when cold weather is there!

Even if I plugged it, it won't start!

HELP

Could it be the fuse of the glow plug?

Spino!

Reply to
spinoflex

Year?

Turbo or Non-Turbo

TDI?

A little more info would help.

Reply to
Peter Cressman

It is a 97. I don't think it's a turbo.

The day before it did start, I had a down power on the road. The engine stopped. I pulled over and tried to start the engine. Didn't start on the first time. Did on the second.

The next morning, it did start. I can hear a click click under the hood. My clock and my trip meter reseted to 12:00 and 0. Just if I had removed the battery, but the battery is good.

Could it be the glow plug rely, the glow plug fuse or the glow plug themself?

Reply to
spinoflex

Even better, ask this in the WATERCOOLED group. We focus on AIRcooled VW's. Jetta is watercooled.

And a hideous beast, too. ;)

Jan

Peter Cressman wrote:

Reply to
Jan Andersson

.................Amen to that!

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Could it be that it's just too COLD outside? And while water in gas will freeze. In very cold weather Diesel fuel will turn to jelly.

Try putting a """"SMALL"""" light under the hood to keep the motor """""WARM"""". Run some fuel trement throw the tank. Change the fuel filter. Lastly FIND THE LOCAL VW SHOP AND TALK TO THEM.

Troy74Baja. Truck driver for 14+years.

Reply to
Tow-Driver

At night while it's NOT RUNNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Re move light BEFORE STARTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Troy74Baja

Reply to
Tow-Driver

I have some excellent advice! . . . Try the watercooled group. :)

Kidd "A hundred days to make me older since the last time that I saw your pretty face. A thousand lies to make me colder and I don't think I could look at this the same, but all the miles that seperate disappear now when I remember your face."

Reply to
Kidd Andersson

Thank you all,

I'll switch to watercooled. group.