Karman Ghia Disk Brakes - Better Options?

Hi everybody,

I've got a project car that has a VW front end on it, with Karman Ghia disk brakes up front.

Problem is, my project car is Porsche 911 powered, and I'd like a little more stopping power than those little calipers can give me.

Anybody got either a Porsche or aftermarket (like JAMAR) recommendation they can make to me?

If anybody's done the upgrade or knows where to buy the products, it would be great to hear from you.

CD Long

Reply to
LTC and Mrs. Christopher D. Lo

Forgot to mention that the car is already set up for Porsche Fuchs alloy wheels (small 5 lug pattern).

Reply to
Christopher

John Connelly at

has some rear brake systems for race cars that might work. They aren't cheap.

If he doesn't have any you like (or fit), I bet he can steer you in the right direction.

Lynn

"LTC and Mrs. Christopher D. Long" wrote in message news:sESee.2969$ snipped-for-privacy@tornado.tampabay.rr.com...

Reply to
Lynn Martin

on the pelicanparts.com website under porsche 914( tech articles) there is a story about changing to bmw 323 calipers and the irs style vws have a very close if not the same spindle. the bmw calipers have much more stopping power. take a look...john

Reply to
rreplica