Karmann Ghia

Does the '71 Karmann Ghia coupe have any type of backseat?

If the turn signals do not work is this something that would be difficult to have fixed on these cars?

Reply to
Amy D

Yeah, it's a little bench seat you don't want to sit on for too long.

Turn signals are primitive and relatively easy to diagnose and repair. See if the 4-way Hazard lights work. If they DO, then the flasher and lights are OK. Often, a fuse has gotten corroded.

If you can find a mechanic who works on Beetles, he can take care of the Ghia.

Post back if you get the car.

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

Thanks!

amy

Reply to
Amy D

On 24 Sep 2004 20:24:53 GMT, "Speedy Jim" scribbled this interesting note:

The only way you can actually use that back seat area is to remove the seat bottom and fold the back down flat. Then there is actually enough room for some groceries!

John Willis

Hey Amy try the Samba.com for parts. I just sold a 71 back seat..otherwise I could help you. Eric 62 Ghia 68 Bug both topless

Reply to
Stutzsr

There is something that looks like a back seat but really only suitable for small kids or your dog. The backrest of that seat folds down to give you a surprising amount of luggage space. Directionals on thhem are much like any other car. Mechanical parts easy to find, savy mechanics more difficult. Jack

1951 Studebaker Commander Starlight Coupe 1970 VW Karmann Ghia Coupe 1964 Corvair Convertible 2004 Chev. Malibu Maxx 2001 Mazda Tribute SUV
Reply to
DODGENUT1

at one point they stopped calling it a seat. I think in '73 In the 60's I double-dated in a KG coupe. It was tight. but fun. "If I can not dance, I want no part in your revolution." Emma Goldman

Reply to
cyber

Yes, they all have what looks like a backseat. :D

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

I'm sure it was ;)