Karmann Ghia Restoration

Hi Folks, I bought a Karmann Ghia 67 in Brazil and I have the oportunity to restore it there. I want to have a good job done so I asked them to completely dismount the car, repare rust holes, change necessary panels, clean the engine,... I received my first offer today. It includes mainly the labor for :

- electricity

- body restoration (panels included)

- mechanical service

- painting (paint include) The total is around 2000 $ and I have to add to this the original parts and mechanical parts which ones is still a mistery to me altough I expect something around the gear box.

Is it reasonnable?

Reply to
aillas

I expect to pay around $2000 for paint. Sounds reasonable to me. Tim Klopfenstein

Reply to
Tim Klopfenstein

The price of the car was a bit more than 1000$, let's say 1200. Still running and driving, there are evidence of prior works on the carossery and some bad rust holes in the front trunk where the fith wheel should stand . The only thing is the missing original parts like bumpers, steering wheel... At least those are still on the market.

Reply to
aillas

I would question the body work... make sure there are patching by welding, not creating a bondo mobile. Just make sure the bodywork is done correctly.

M2C

Reply to
Mel P.