Kumho 771

Does anyone have any experience with or comments about the Kumho Metric 771 tire? I had inquired locally about these tires a few months back. My local Goodyear dealer said he could get them and they would be $38 each, mounted and balanced. Tire Rack.com listed them for $29 each but that wasn't mounted and balanced of course. (or shipped) Now, Tirerack.com doesn't even list them, they don't show up readily with an Internet search, and my local dealer says they're now $45 each mounted and balanced. That's still not a terrible price for a decent tire. Anybody have good luck with these?

>>Mike
Reply to
Mike64Bug

tire? I had inquired locally about these

they would be $38 each, mounted and

balanced of course. (or shipped) Now,

Internet search, and my local dealer says

for a decent tire. Anybody have good luck

Those are what I got a few months ago from Pep Boys. They seem nice enough. They used a slightly different name though - EuroMetric 771s?

Reply to
Michael Cecil

tire? I had inquired locally about these

they would be $38 each, mounted and

balanced of course. (or shipped) Now,

Internet search, and my local dealer says

for a decent tire. Anybody have good luck

I have Kumho 795 touring tires on my 73 std. Beetle. I absolutely love 'em! Quietest tires I have ever driven on, and they provide a VERY smooth ride and decent handling. They actually ride quieter and smoother than the old 165s. I have 205 and 185 tires rear and front, respectively. I would actually advise you to stay away from these tires *IF* you're going to put them on a heavy car...they will respond too slowly due to the very pliable tread blocks. But I payed $36 a piece for them from tire rack. Total including shipping for four tires was about $190, and I'm a far ship from their warehouses. I don't know any specifics about the 771 tire, but I do know that Kuhmo makes well on their promises of cheap tires that perform.

~Anthony

Reply to
Anthony

The 712 is a better tire .

Reply to
David V.N.

The 712 doesn't come in 165R15. Otherwise it would be a good choice. I put

712's on the Acura Integra that my son is driving and yes it has been a decent tire. Which is why I was considering the 771. The rest of their tires have had mostly good reviews.
Reply to
Mike64Bug

Reply to
glenf