learning to weld

Quick question: is it possible to learn to weld just with a welder and a book, or should I follow a course with an instructor?

thanks Ant

Reply to
Ant

Being self-taught I would say YES you could learn, but if you got instructions you would be "BETTER"!! Three of the rules are practice practice practice! lol The book will explain to you your mistakes and how to not make them! Are you getting a GOOD MIG welder? There are also auto helmets that work! Oh and another rule is safety! JMHO later, dave

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1