light won't go out (dash)

Two of my dash lights won't go off with the ignition on. Left light & turn signal will not go out. Directionals do work fine. I thought it might be the flasher relay (a 6 volt AC Delco?) that was the problem. Picked up another relay from the local ACVW parts place & put it in. Same result. Now the AC Delco was a 3 prong, but only 2 were used as two of the 3 wires (steering column & speedo?) went to the same prong. New relay only has two prongs. Would a 3 prong relay (if I can find one), make a difference. Note that when I depress the brake pedal, the dash lights in question do dim to almost nothing. Any suggestions? - DB

Reply to
DB

Almost certainly a fuse problem. Even if the fuses *look* good, one may have a corroded connection.

The 3 speedo lamps have a common (Blk) wire. There should be

12V on this wire any time the Ignition is on. Measure that if you don't find a fuse problem.

The 2-prong flasher will work fine.

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

Thanks. I doubt its the fuses (they're fresh), but will check anyway and work from there. Always love playing electrical detective. - DB

Reply to
DB