Lincoln Pro-Mig 135?

Did Lincoln discontinue the Pro-Mig 135? I've seen something like an SP

135.

Is that a replacement?

Do you know the differences between the two?

If you have one, what do you think of it?

Thanks, Dan '73 SB

Reply to
Dan Smith

On Wed, 09 Jul 2003 21:38:46 GMT, "Dan Smith" , who was sitting in a corner eating his Xmas pie stuck in his thumb and pulled out a plum and began to run off at the mouth like so:

Looks that way: (I didn't see a reference to the Pro-Mig 135 on their website)

|241| Details about the SP:

I have the Pro-Mig 135 and I love it.

-- Travis (Shaggie) '63 VW Camo Baja...

corrodes the vessel that carries it.

Reply to
travis

On Wed, 09 Jul 2003 22:16:24 GMT, "Dan Smith" , who was sitting in a corner eating his Xmas pie stuck in his thumb and pulled out a plum and began to run off at the mouth like so:

Sure thing. I just earned a 12-pack of Natural Light with my Pro-Mig

135 last week by welding a lawnmower handle back together for a dude. Took about 10 minutes including using a wire wheel to clean it up before the weld and clamping it together, getting out the welder, putting the welder back, etc, etc. I love my welder. :-D I'd be surprised if the SP wasn't as good or better than the one I have. Good luck!

-- Travis (Shaggie) '63 VW Camo Baja...

corrodes the vessel that carries it.

Reply to
travis

Since someone paid you (with a 12-pack) for welding does that make you a professional welder now? If so, then your advice really carries some weight. :-)

Reply to
Dan Smith

I just picked up a new welder today. Its a craftsman, pretty comparable to the miller I belive. This one comes with the gas kit installed, allthough its a fixed regulator. They're on sale this month for 249.99 at the store only. I took the Baja cause I figured it would fit in the car easily enough, little did I know that it came in a box twice the size of it, had to strap it to the rack:

Mark Detro Englewood, FL

Reply to
Mark Detro

On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 01:22:21 GMT, "Dan Smith" , who was sitting in a corner eating his Xmas pie stuck in his thumb and pulled out a plum and began to run off at the mouth like so:

The best welding advice I can give you is don't take welding advice from me. ;-)

-- Travis (Shaggie) '63 VW Camo Baja...

corrodes the vessel that carries it.

Reply to
travis

Nice shiny paint you have there ! Has it seen mud ?

James

Reply to
Juper Wort

On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 12:18:51 +0100, "Juper Wort" , who was sitting in a corner eating his Xmas pie stuck in his thumb and pulled out a plum and began to run off at the mouth like so:

I'm gonna go pop some popcorn for this one. ;-)

-- Travis (Shaggie) '63 VW Camo Baja...

corrodes the vessel that carries it.

Reply to
travis

Every now and then. When I was building it a few years ago there were a bunch of pretty cool spots around, within the 3 years it was in pieces in my garage they shut most all of them down to build on or because careless people killed themselves or others with atv's. Theres one little spot I go to every once in a while thats still somewhat "legal". HMMM, now that I have the digital camera and I would like to see if the mod I made to it last week helps, I Might just have to go out there and get it dirty! Mark Detro Englewood, FL

Reply to
Mark Detro

Dan, the Pro-Mig 135 is still available. They can be purchased at Lowes for sure and I think Home Depot. This is their retail line of welders. The SP version is the one you would buy at a welding supply house. I am not real sure what the differences are between the two though. We just came back from Lowes and I saw at least 4 ProMig 135's on the shelf. That's where I bought mine a few months back.

Mike Cross

Reply to
Mike Cross

Hmmm. Either Lowe's or Home Depot is where I saw the SP. Maybe the ones near you still have a few Pro-Mig 135's left.

Thanks for the info, Dan

Reply to
Dan Smith

Jackpot!

Thanks, Mark. "Picture" me busy for a couple of days with this one.

Oh, hey! neat Baja.

Reply to
67_bus