Local VW Club Meeting

Our local VW club (Vintage Volkswagens of America -

) had our monthly meeting this afternoon. We hadfour new members join. One of the members is a salesman at our local VWdealer. He and his wife recently purchased a really nice '73 squareback anddrove it in today.

Our local VW dealer is remodeling their building. When they get done and re-open it, they want to populate the showroom floor and the spots out front of the building with vintage VW's for the grand re-opening event. That will be super cool. Our new member is going to let us know when the time comes and we'll put our VW's there for the day.

I posted some pics from our event on my Webshots album:

Cheers!

Malcolm '69 Beetle (Gus)

Reply to
Malcolm

I guess you guys are all broke after just the breadsticks huh? look at the price on those things.............Geez!

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

MUADIB®

Man, no busses at all?

No wonder they are all getting exported to uhm, other countries and stuff.

*jab*

;)

Reply to
ekoman

Malcolm Weren't you fixin up a 71 SB to look like Herbie for your daughter? I didn't see any pics of it on your webshots site and thought I would ask what was the status of ole Herbie?

Mike Cross

71 SB 70 Standard

Photos of progress are located at:

Mike Cross

Yeah, we fixed it all up body-wise. Got the stripes on, new windshield and all rubber, etc. Put a rebuilt motor in it that runs fine. But momentum and enthusiasm from my daughter quickly lost steam. We were still looking at several hundred more dollars in repairs and reupholstery, etc. to bring it up to reliable driving standards.

Matter of fact, it's listed on thesamba.com right now for sale. The Herbie decals were starting to peel a bit on the front and any interested sellers that have contacted me so far seemed to indicate that they would have more interest if it weren't covered with stripes and numbers. Therefore, our next project is to remove the decals and buff the paint out a bit so that it matches back up.

Hopefully, we'll find a buyer that'll buy it for further restoration instead of just something to drive to and from work in. I'd hate to know it got driven into the ground after the work (and money) we put into it. I realize we'll lose a lot of our investment (between original purchase price and parts we added, I've got around $3,000 in it), but such is life.

Malcolm '69 Beetle (Gus)

Reply to
Malcolm