Looking for 71 VW Seat part

BlankDoes anyone by chance, know of or have an idea of where to get the little knob that slides onto the little bar that is used to release the catch so that the seatback moves forward??

I've looked at Jbugs, Witney, and a few others sites, but can't find one.

I have the one for the drivers seat, but am looking for one for the passenger side.

Thanks jjjoseph

Reply to
jjjoseph

knob that slides onto the little bar

You probably need both the knob AND the retaining clip. I have the knobs, but I don't know if I have any of the clips, because they frequently break when you pull off the knob.

Have you tried VW, or a junkyard?

VW might still have them, as they were used for many years. You need the early knob, they changed in 72. The clip may be the same.

-

Jim Adney