Lost and Exploited VWs in Southern NH

While out on a family jaunt today, came across a body shop\used dealer that is being cleaned out cuz the owner passed away. What caught our eye after the 3 wrecked pickups on the end of a forklift was a tomato red Bug. Turns out it is a 64 that was originally from Hawaii and has NEVER seen winter use in New England. No rust on the pan or anywhere else for that matter other than a few spots where the paint is scratched. The guy there is not a car guy and knew little about the details of the car. It has a DP with a 2bbl Weber, single QP exhaust, none-descript chrome mags, a roll bar and an interior that looks new....oh yeh...and an aftermarket sunroof but no signs of leaks. It needs paint cuz it is cracked in places and faded but otherwise....looks like a really nice find. Started off at $5500 but by the time we left he was down to $3500. I don't want it, it is too nice to cut up for a baja and still more $$$ than I was hoping to spend. It is located on the corner of Rts 85 and 108 in Newmarket NH. the guy also said there were 4 or 5 VWs out back that were free for parts but I couldn't get to them due to the work being done on the front lot. Says there is at least one vert with a tree growing up through the floor so I assume they aren't cherry but they are FREE if some one is interested in taking them, parts only from my understanding, too far gone for resto. He said the property is sold so the time frame is in weeks to a month or two to get it cleared out. What isn't good enough to sell as a used car is going to the junkyard. If anyone is interested, email me and I'll do my best to help out however I can.

Sneaks

Reply to
Sneaks