"lowering" seats in 1973 standard Beetle

Hello,

I know this is an odd question, but I would like to put the seats in the

1973 Bug I just got (Standard Beetle). The reason is that the seat is too high and my legs keep hitting the steering wheel (and I'm am not that big :-)

One of the reasons I like Bugs so much is I have plenty of head and leg room, but the seats are lifted in the year's model.

ANy help would be appreciated. I would like to keep it as stock as possible.

Thanks

-Marlin

Reply to
Marlin Bates, IV

Have you tried a smaller diameter steering wheel?

Reply to
sash