weber going out of business ????

has anyone else heard that weber will no longer be making carbs ??? a buddy of mine said that the local supply house here in st. louis,mo told him that weber will be going out of business in 6 months. find it hard to believe, but it very well may be true.

can anyone confirm this ?

Reply to
bob

Bob,..................You Been talking to Lauren lately? She knows "everything"...................just ask her.

She had the scoop on the rmmw being bought out.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

MUADIB®

You mean Archway Imports on Telegraph Road? I guess your buddy would know.

John Kuthe...

Reply to
John Kuthe

The company that makes the Weber IDF FOR Weber, is having labor issues, and they closed the mfg facility because the Labor Union is not willing to back off of their demands.

There is no further news, they are in a stalemate.

The weber distributors are currently using this to maximum advantage by scalping the available carbs at top dollar, which is why they are $200 more then they were a month ago, and we are making less then 1/2 what we were before the price increase. Get them now before you can't, if they do not get this resolved.

John Aircooled.Net Inc.

Reply to
John Connolly

hey john-- yes i do mean archway. he has noticed the price increase lately as john conolly mentions in a reply. i just got a set of idf's from my buddy, no linkage or manifolds though. these will be for a type 4.

what's been your experience with archway ?? good, bad or indifferent?

talk to you later

Reply to
bob

My experience with Archway has always been GREAT! I've been going there since they first started, after The Buggy Shop went out of business, and (I can't remember his name...Jim!!) started Archway Imports. I've had 'em build engines for me, and one thing I love about Archway is while they *have* (and will sell them to you, if you insist) the cheap parts too, they will always steer you in the right direction, the direction of quality.

Archway's folks are VW folks. They are us! The last shop in St Louis of it's kind too, as far as I know.

John Kuthe...

Reply to
John Kuthe

yeah, i remember the buggy shop AND jmp. now there is only archway, and i haven't heard too much that is negative and i don't know their reputation. it's good to hear a thumbs up vote. at least when i need something NOW, we have a place to go.

Reply to
bob