Mario

Could we (RAMVA) come up with a unified way of dealing with Mario. As we do for water cooled stuff that isn't wanted here either !

Maybe Jan (King) might have some thoughts ?

anyone else?

Rich

Reply to
Tricky

I'm still thinking that the reporter needs to do a followup with more info. Put the sorry little bastard out of biz.

Randy

Reply to
rjmacres

Seems on past experience , that might be wishfull thinking :(

Rich

Reply to
Tricky

Yes. The best way to keep peace here is to just ignore him. Everything worth saying has been said, by both 'camps', several times even. The messages do not disappear, any new readers to the group will see them. They remain on most news servers for YEARS.

So yea, I have a solution. STFU already :D

Jan

Reply to
Jan

things done around the shop today finished with a lower disc brake conversion from Top Line, the disc and rear drums were drilled to run sweet looking 17" rims.

finished tear down on the 1200 engine.

recovered a set of 69 beetle seats

sold a new customer a set of 67 doors and seats for a beetle that he said has been sitting 9 years and talked about rebuilding his engine.

block sanded the hood on the 69 vert

delt with the fuel system on a vanagon.

like the easy days....lol

Mario Vintage werks resto

How many people have their own thread?

Reply to
Kafertoys

ok, how about using a woodchipper ?

Randy

Reply to
rjmacres

How much Bondo did the '69 seats take?

Reply to
Leopold Stotch

Mario Gavazzi Vintage Werks:

Mario Gavazzi Vintage Werks:

Scott H

Hell, I heard he was rebuilding that 1200 with pistons made of bondo. And for the rings he was using baling wire. Nothing is to good for Mario's "customers".

Reply to
rjmacres

As much fun as it is to mess with Mario, I think Scott H. has the right idea. Whenever Mario posts anything he always posts the same reply shown below:

Mario Gavazzi Vintage Werks:

I have yet to see Mario reply to this response. How do you reply to those pictures and the video from the local news channel? The best reply for Mario is the cold hard truth. If Mario ever supplies a satisfactory answer to why there are several inches of Bondo slathered on Jan's car like icing on a cake and why he charged her $9,000 for a car that wasn't even safe to drive on the street (due to the rusted out frame head) then maybe it will be time to treat (no pun intended) him like any regular poster in ramva. Personally, I'm not holding my breath.

Reply to
Leopold Stotch

That'll do for me !

Reply to
Tricky

The thing you've really got to marvel at is the 100% Bondo 28 PICT carb he manufactures for his 1200cc rebuilds. How he can make an idle adjustment screw out of Bondo is a complete mystery to me.

They don't call him the Bondo Bandito for nothing.

Reply to
Leopold Stotch

real easy to answer your question Tricky

try to pay attention this time

Joan had me do the restoration in steps

1st was to take the major rust in the rear quarter so I fixed the area under the vent and bottom of the quarter , yes there was very thick bondo under the quarter window and I told her that if we went farther that we would have to address what was done prior.

the goop in the spare tire/front apron area was also prior work.

After the quarter area was fixed(metal work only) I sent her on her way and when she came back and begged me to the rest of the restoration I tried to sell her a rust free 72 super fresh paint and new rubber and all but she begged for me to do her 74. I had just finished the tan 68 in one month time so when she asked me how much time and money it would take I told her "IT could be $5k and a month if I didn't find alot else wrong after I stripped it" well after the stripping again I tried selling her the 72 but she insisted on me fixing her 74. I even told her abound month $ that she needed to take her bug out now that we knew it was going to take much more time and money to fix, again and I have a letter to prove it that she said she wanted me to continue to fix it. thats when I hired Brad to take over the work. look at the pictures after it was painted is when I took back over to assemble the car and yes I knew and would have fixed the frame head if I was allowed to finish< Joan even signed an agreement to pay a balance due to let the work continue.

Joan was only charged for about 75% of the time spent tring to fix her

74 and yes my wife did start charging for everything ie sand paper used some cost $1 a sheet.

She also asked for custome interior work because she like the BMW seats in my 64.

And again Its a shame that the car was stripped instead of finished , its funny that everyone figured it should have bean able to fixed cheap and she had $2000 in donations to complete it but insteed it was stripped just to make me look bad.

Has everyone over reacted to this my makeing death treats against me, well what about GEX their still advertising in Hot VW and I'm sure no one is steeling from their place of buiseness. And no I'm not compering myself to them,I lean from my mistakes and am always tring to do better.

My Question for the sheep is what do youi hope to accomplish, There is no one in this area ding what I'm doing and I have a lot of projects in progress that I will not walk away from.

insteed of sitting on your fat a$$es bitching come to my shop and see what is really going on. It seems like all people want is something to bitch about and make up wild stories just to keep the bitch going.

You never heard John say anything about me useing pounds of bondo on his 63 or Gary T. but your all hung up on this. Again I buy one gallon can of evercoat filler a year and theres always some that gets tossed from going hard in the can.

There isn't anyone here that can say different because its just easier to jump on the band wagon then come to my shop.

their are many customers at my shop to would tell you that Yes AJ screwed me over when my wife and I went way out of our way to help him, but I'm not the type to beat a dead horse, I just live and learn no one will get over on me like that again.

If people are so bound to get me out of my business then it will take $70 k other then that STFU

Mario Vintage Werks resto.

Reply to
Kafertoys

bla bla blahhh

didn't even read it !

Reply to
Tricky

I just watched the abclocal story. >

Mario had sold & sent to me a LR torsion bar for a '74 Super and I had no problems with it. He is about the only one that answered my plea and followed through on it, many years ago. He also trusted me to pay.

That story from abc is not trust inspiring though! :-( It should not be all about the money, but also about Pride and Honor that shows up in the quality of your work! And you should love what you do! ;-)

I used to work for a shop that had the name "Rip Off Auto" but the owner used that name to be funny and also bring in "aware" customers. Very honest owner of a shop with a catchy name that you would not easily forget. And yes that was the name of the shop but he also used the name "Bug University" for those afraid to write a check to ROA. lol He had glowing write-ups in the newspapers which brought in more customers! He has retired though.

You all are making Mario more famous or infamous with the endless threads!

My $0.02

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

Well that WAS my idea for this thread .

I've had enough of it ! and wanted a unified way to stop it going on and on !

but hey ho - looks like it isn't going to happen yet

Reply to
Tricky

Forget about the Bondo for the moment (in spite of the fact that Joan's work order said that all prior filler would be removed and replaced).

What about the rusted out frame head? You charged that woman Nine Thousand Dollars and she got a car that isn't even safe to drive on the streets. That is entirely beyond the pale.

You charged a premium rate for substandard work and the customer got a car that is unsafe to drive.

All of your hand waving still doesn't explain this:

Mario Gavazzi Vintage Werks:

Leopold Stotch

Reply to
Busman

Hey, thanks for the vote of confidence. ;-) I figure that my reponses are probably getting on some folks' nerves but I am now of the opinion that Mario is truly delusional and there's no point in trying to have any sort of dialogue with him. I think he really believes the stuff he says. You cannot reason with someone like that.

So I'm simply posting that reply every time he posts in the hopes that anyone doing a web search on Mario Gavazzi/Vintagewerks any time in the future will see it and be warned.

I saw Joan's car first hand and as bad as the pictures that have posted on the web are, you have to see it in person to see how truly bad it is. Some say to ignore him but I think that could increase the possibility of another unsuspecting victim being conned.

Reply to
Scott H

Reply to
John