GEX

I have seen GEX listed in several letters here as being an engine supplier to avoid. What are they doing wrong?

Regards LLB

Reply to
LLBrown

Scott H

You will get a shorter answer by asking "What do they do right?"

Reply to
Karl

Think of an engine or tranny overhauled by Mario.

-Bob Hoover

Reply to
Veeduber

----=AD--------

They bondo them together ?

Reply to
rjmacres

HA!

Reply to
Leopold Stotch

-----=AD--------

Hey Bob do you have any first hand experiance with any engine I have worked on? The only thing I do to trannys is change out diffs other then that Rancho handles all my transmition work.

no one is going to take any of this seriously as long as people keep making bondo jokes about me.

At least come up with something with some truth or not.

Mario Vintage Werrks resto

Reply to
Kafertoys

You and bondo are not a joke. The only one laughing is you because you are too stupid to realize that you are a thieving lying crook.

Hey Bob do you have any first hand experiance with any engine I have worked on? The only thing I do to trannys is change out diffs other then that Rancho handles all my transmition work.

no one is going to take any of this seriously as long as people keep making bondo jokes about me.

At least come up with something with some truth or not.

Mario Vintage Werrks resto

Reply to
Karl

From Scott H.:

Reply to
Karl

Mario Gavazzi Vintage Werks:

what is "experiance"? I know what experience is...

Hey Bob do you have any first hand experiance with any engine I have worked on? The only thing I do to trannys is change out diffs other then that Rancho handles all my transmition work.

no one is going to take any of this seriously as long as people keep making bondo jokes about me.

At least come up with something with some truth or not.

Mario Vintage Werrks resto

Reply to
dragenwagen

engine parts from one of my suppliers, what does that tell you!"

I have heard this in the late 90s already. It is said they buy rejected, defective parts from other companies and try to fix them the best they can (which isn't much), and then slap them together to build an engine. No quality control, because there are no rejection tolerances.

They use parts that don't belong together. I heard they sell used parts as new, when possible (Where you can't see them). They stamp parts numbers or identifiers themselves, on parts that are not what the number indicates. (heads stamped as 041 or 042 or other, while they are stock, used VW original heads)

If inferior parts quality, lies, deceptive labeling and not honoring warranty wasn't enough, they can't assemble these bastard engines properly either. Even if the parts WERE ok, the engines would still be doomed due to poor build.

It's been going on for a decade at least.

Reply to
bugfuel

More on the subject:

bugfuel