Me on the news

Sherry must be pretty dumb is she couldn't see all of

I would but the sex is great.

you can ramble on as much as you want but understand I was paid for the work that was done and when someone doesn't pay their bill, their cars go outside.

I'm positive this is what any shop will do.

Get a life, when are you going to figure out that your being played for suckers.

Who wants to make a bet I will be in business as long as I want.

I have a great customer base and as I said just because you all go balistic when 1 out of hundreds get upset it cost to get a restoration done right makes me laugh.

Kelly Brown states on the samba that he will be charging 1 of his customers over 8k for just metal work beter understand she got that plus body and paint plus most of the new rubber and interior to do the whole job. She also has brand new tires and more.

I want to hear from another shop owner that they will do what I did for less. or anyone that has had a full resto done cheaper.. Trust me I could point out the flaws even in the 20k+ restos.

I love that people don't care what the facts are, They just love to hate me..

See you in the funny pages. Yes I can keep this going for the pathedic mindless.

Mario Vintage Werks resto

Reply to
Kafertoys

Since you're reading the Samba thread why don't you man up and post a response over there?

No balls?

Reply to
Scott H

I'm banned from the samba

You would think after Everett ripped me off for $70 he would at least let me post.

Mario Vintage Werks resto

Reply to
Kafertoys

I find it very hard to believe that you were banned, especially if you're reading the Rants. If I recall your last hissy-fit, you went through and deleted your own ads. I think Ev sees the humor you bring with your weak defense of your shoddy work.

Reply to
m0nk3y_69

This is how the lies start and the mindless sheep follow

I was banned and no I never deleted my ads.

And as far as my work goes,I go to the shows and see what others do, there wasn't one ghia at the Rockingham show that was done as well as the yellow 74, to bad we didn't take it. I did get another starter in it to fix the problem that caused up to have to push start it.

I don't make the poor quality aftermarket parts but I'm sure I'll be blamed when they don't work or fit right.

Mario Vintage Werks resto

Reply to
Kafertoys

That 74 is a heap from the pictures I've seen. You don't make the poor quality after-market parts, yes, but your inferior craftsmanship speaks for itself.

Reply to
m0nk3y_69

You cannot read the rants forum without signing in, dumbass.

Reply to
westy742002

Not one to get involved with flame wars or with all this crap... but I do was wondering about some things...

But it seems to me that if a customer doesnt like the work and doesnt pay for work being done, as long as the agreed apon work is done in a timely manner and consistant with common trade practices, using agreed apon terms and quality of workmanship and quality of materials/replacement parts ect ect... (wow that sounds like legal-ese)

it seems as though the merchant has a duty at least to protect the customers property, since it does NOT belong to them until payment is made or some sort of legal action is settled... or customers property returned to them unfinished, even if a lien is placed on ...in this case a vehicle for work done to it.

It only makes sense that the merchant protect his investment into the work already performed, especially if it was high quality work and the merchant was expecting pay for work being accomplished on time.

Did you take the appropriate steps to ensure that your customers vehicles are protected from the elements and further damage until payments are made or a settlement is agreed upon?

That is something I'm sure any shop would... or should do.

Again, I was just wondering. I have no stake in this and just simply asking a question.

Reply to
dragenwagen

The only way this could be true is if there were no other Ghias there.

As for "show cars", I've been to a lot of Volkswagen shows over the years and every single one I've been to will allow any Volkswagen into the show no matter the condition.

My '72 Super daily driver with the worn out original paint, 35 years worth of dents and dings, rust spots in every panel including a completely rusted out headlight bucket, would be classified as a "show car" by your definition.

Reply to
Scott H

On Sep 29, 8:58 pm, " snipped-for-privacy@aol.com" wrote:

MARIO ! Before you starting trying to use one of my quotes to justify your cause you need the whole story, and tell it like it is not just trying to cover your ass. Its a bus not a bug for one thing, It had already been butchered up by a shop in NM. In a supposed "Restoration". My Quote was for cutting out al the metal and bondo they had put in it. Here is what that intailed. Removing primer and filler from the beltline down on drivers side wall, both rear corners, passengers side wall from the beltline down all the wat to bare metal again. Remove filler from front nose and lower valance. Remove both out side section of the front cargo floors they had installed incorrectly, remove both dog leg steps as to repair the A replace the pillars they left alone bent and mangled, remove the nose skin from the windshield down to valance, then remove the valance which should have been replaced the first time, also the inner valance which also should have been done the first time, remove drivers side tall rocker, inner rocker, replace inner slash are's at both front and raer of the cargo floor as well as 3 inches of lower bulkhead replacing the cargo door rocker complete and inner rocker. 10 inches of cargo floor on the passengers side that was shabbily installed, short rocker passengers side. Included in the 8 k was the metal parts that had to be replaced either donor or Funky Green panels, putting all that metal back in place, and repriming the whole bus. Not included was the jack point and outriggers that should have been replaced the first time but weren't. I documented all the bad stuff for the owner so he can sue thier ass and attempt to get his money back for shitty work.

That's a helluva alot of work, more involved in that 8K than your letting on trying to justify yourself on Joan's bug. If the need arises i'll disect that bug apart and do it the same way for Joan. And i'll post it on my site for all to see. The black bug vert on the samba thread had a full front clip, strut towers and all. Also a drivers side rear quater clip And pans. I do pans Flate rate $300.00 for the set plus parts except for Ghia,s they are higher.. The black bug had a total of less than 2 k in metal work.

Don't start using me to justify your bullshit, thats like you trying to ride off my rep. It ain't gonna happen. Remember the parts thing "don't step on the toes attached to the legs that carry the ass you might have to kiss at a later date". That Screwed you out of buying the Funky Green Panels.

I'm not one to be toyed with and after Peidmont last year you should know that unless you are plain stupid. If anyone want's to see the 15 window in the quote its on my web pages, with saome older pics in the archives.

If this offends anyone other than Mario i apologize. As far as Mario, i don't give a rats ass if it does!

Reply to
metwiz2shop

I think it's really sweet that Mario has named his hand Sherry.

Reply to
Randy

Bondo clogging up the ol' hard drive, huh?

Reply to
Leopold Stotch

Kelly, there is no need for you to justify your work. As Mario's work does, your work speaks for itself. The difference is that you are a professional and are honest with your customers. Your customers recommend your work to others and give you repeat business. Mario's customers get to the point where their only recourse is to go to the news to negotiate the release of their car...which has been half-assed with over-priced work and left out in the rain.

Reply to
m0nk3y_69

Thanks MonK. I apreciate the input.Here is a link to some of the pics of Joans 9 k "restoration" and that term is used loosly,

metwiz2shop

Holy mother of... If I did that work myself and spent 9K, I'd consider finishing the job by killing myself in it driving it off a cliff.

loosly,

m0nk3y_69

loosly,

Are y'all trying to say that those are "after" pictures? hahahahahaha!

Reply to
Shag

Yikes! Someone must own stock in the company that makes bondo. I'm not sure that the car was a good candidate for restoration to start with but $9k for that? Maaco could have done a better job for a whole bunch less money. Andy

63 Camper

Busman

Maaco does higher quality work regularly. You just need to know what to bring them...a prepped car. I'm embarrassed to say that the 77 Beetle I drive has a Maaco paint job, even though it is much cleaner than the "Mario-look". Shit. Change that up. I was embarrassed to have paid Maaco to spray the paint on the body work I performed, until I saw Mario's $9K resto werk.

Reply to
m0nk3y_69

loosly,

Yea Shag that's the after pics, no joke. A damn blind monkey with a friggin seeing dog could spot that crap, No offence Monk, LMAO

Reply to
metwiz2shop

No offense taken. If that's 9k worth of body work, Joan's poor Super needs about $64K worth of Mario work, over the course of seven years, or simply someone who knows what they're doing and much closer to his original estimate.

Reply to
m0nk3y_69