Me on the news

I'm Back

I've been down do to computer problems and so I have missed all the BS about me an the Samba

I know alot on here also read it so here goes.

What is wrong with the people on there that think a full restoration is cheap?

Yes I have had another customer that couldn't pay her bills and went to the news to try to get me to finish it for free ....Wasn't happening.

They have video clips of her car about 75% done but nothing showing how bad it was when I started, I will be posting pictures on my Hot shot site of the major rust as soon as I have my new computer all set up. " I'm positive there is no other restoration shop that would have done it better or cheaper."

Its to bad her 74 super was comming out to be a real nice restoration and could easy be a show car like all that I have ever done.

I hope she finds away to complete it.

Mario Vintage Werks resto

Reply to
Kafertoys

Joan has found someone to redo the resto. The car will need to be stripped. The body work will be done correctly, and then it will be repainted. The new headliner that was left out in the weather is junk, as is a the lack of most of the parts that were paid for. The new dash is where? There is a paypal account set up now to donate to help Joan complete the resto. She has spent $8k for a pile of uncompleted hacked together shit. Another "show quality" masterpiece.

snipped-for-privacy@mindspring.com

That is the address for the paypal account. If you follow the thread in the samba rants, many have stepped up with parts. The VW community can pull together to undo the royal screwing this lady has suffered at the hands of Mario and his wife.

It's just a shame that people still are getting seperated from their cash and dreams by this slimy, cowardly, parasite.

Reply to
Gary Tateosian

Maybe you could try giving accurate estimates as required by your local business authorities.

And hold to them.

You're sloppy.

Reply to
David Gravereaux

Sorry all I go to the shows and still don't see the quality of work that I do.

Joan's car had major rust (I have pictures to prove it)

I don't see anyone make comments when you see other restoration shops charge 15 to 30 k for the same work I do.

Make all the comments you want I'm not going anywhere.

Mario Vintage Werks resto

Reply to
Kafertoys

You're right.

Yeah, we saw the corroded soda cans floatin'.

You're right; you don't see.

Good, stay there. I don't want you camping around me any more. . . . you know, paparazzi and all that.

Reply to
protododo

Let's see the pictures then, and let's see the metal work involved. Bondo doesn't count. Any three year old can fill up holes with modeling clay.

Reply to
Neil

We saw the video, mario, and we understood it and what it means whether you did or not. Let us know how it all turns out if they have internet access in jail. :-)

Reply to
Shag

what a joke shag not only did she go to the new tring not to pay her bill but to the firte marshal and the town planning commissioner and the police and her lawyer but still ended up paying me.

I think its funny she is getting the sheep to give her money ...whats that saying a fool and their money.

When is everyone going to learn I'm just running a very tough business and surviving where the weak fail.

Mario Vintage Werks resto

Reply to
Kafertoys

You're right again. Just stay right there, doing what you're doing. Don't move. No one can touch you. The apology is on the way. It's all clear. You can relax.

Reply to
protododo

It's not about being tough, or surviving or the weak failing...It's about gut-level honesty and being a trustworthy man..... You have proven to all who have watched your saga over the past several years that these are at least two qualities which are foreign to your methods. Quality of work and choice of materials can be found in most of the shops. The level of deception found in your past dealings is the only thing placing you on world wide forums and tv news..! It seems the only weak or failing thing in these stories is your character. You are not running a tough business because being of low character is not the same as being tough. Go troll your crap somewhere else.

Reply to
Dennis

sorry but everyone espects the same quality as my show winning 64 daily driver when they ask me to do their car, and that includes John C but know one wants to pay what it cost. well I or no other top quality restoration shop needs customers like that.

I hope all this keeps the cheap people away and only brings in the people willing to pay for my talent.

And I ask who in this area is going to keep the thousands of VW on the road. (I'm not going anywhere)

Its the quality of my work that most people come to the shows.... I have the stack of awards to prove it. Hey Gary what do you think?

yes after awhile you just have to say ki$$ my a$$ Mario Vintage Werks resto

Mario Vintage werks resto

Reply to
Kafertoys

Come on, Mario. Where are the pictures. I'm pretty sure you don't have any photoshop abilities, so your pictures can't lie like you can.

Reply to
Neil

You have a show winning car ? Who did it for you ?

Randy

Reply to
Randy

SNAP!! :D

Reply to
Remco

do the quality I do.

check out page 3 and 4 on my webshot page

these are some pictures of Joans car when I started

They don't even start to show all the problems I had to deal with

the right rear quarter was rusted through completly.

Some one plese post on the samba so they can feel sorry for joan having to pay what it cost to get her car repaired to the quality it was.

Mario Vintage Werks resto

Reply to
Kafertoys

to do the quality I do.

Kafertoys

The power of this NG is that one help each other out freely, because we all are enthousiasts. Do you really think people around here will give you FREE advise after having said the above? And help you here, with Questions you have, FREELY?

Come on, Mario I think you are fighting a loosing battle here. Roger

Reply to
bug '59

Hey Roger I've always helped here when I can, but no one can expect me to work on a car for free when it is what I do for a living.

Mario Vintage Werks resto

Reply to
Kafertoys

LOL I was just reading a statement by someone named bookkeeper

he says something about little to no rust. lol I have shown a few picture of how much was just in the right rear quarter.

Well some one should ask the person taking over if I didn't only fix that but also replaced the right floor pan ,one of the strut towers, the lower right A piller, thew area where the charcoal canister, areas on the inner foot well(fire wall) The sill under the front windshield was was rusted all the way across.

the beetle had been in accedents in the years past with alot of low quaity repair that had to be gone over.

the bug left the shop with the headliner in most of the carpet in place with lots of the rubber in place. body molding in place with all new clips, hood deaklid and door handles on with new rubber. hood and deck lid seals in.

I have pictures to prove everything I say and willing to show and will post when I can scan but for now I'm haveing a great time seeing how many people are foolish enough to send her money...."fools and their money soon part" she also got new door panels, seat covers ,dash cover new rear tale light assemblies plus complete door ruber kits including scrapers

Lets see what the person thats taken over says. And to let you all know now I had someone else do the painting on her car but I did wet sand and buff

I think I'll have to get some of my good customers to whine about what it cost to see if they can't get free cash. :o) jk

Mario Vintage Werks resto

Reply to
Kafertoys

It left the shop to sit outside in the rain. Real freaking professional. What about the "proposal from when this fiasco stated last Fall where Sherry has written "Needs minimal rust removed from undercarriage"? Sherry must be pretty dumb is she couldn't see all of this rust and damage you speak of. you should fire her.

Reply to
Neil