metal/dealer license plate frames

Today I scrounged an original, metal dealer license plate frame from an about-to-be crushed '74 beetle.

Does anyone out there have any pics or links to what the color schemes for these things should be? I want to re-paint the letters to brighten up it's appearance. It looks like the dealer's name & VW logo were a medium blue, whiile the city/state location on the top were white. The paint is just about non-existant at this point, so it's tough to tell for certain.

This a Pennsylvania frame, dunno if there differences for regions/east or west, etc.

Thanks in advance to all!

=================================

" ..... I ain't no bandleader!!"

Reply to