Mice Problem

I have several aircooled VWs. My main problem is how to keep mice from making a home inside the engine compartment, interior and heater ducts. Is there a product on the market that can deterr them from setting up house in my cars

Reply to
DWoods112

a really pissed off cat in each car....

Reply to
Nxqzablesk8er

Yep...it is called CAT.... :)

DWoods112 wrote:

Reply to
The Guy

............Oh no.......here we go again with another thread about cats!

Reply to
Tim Rogers

LMAO

Reply to
(O\|/O)(.\~/.)

Try driving them. That pretty much does it for mine. Never had a mouse in any of them. Found one living in my barbecue grill this spring though. He moved out in a hurry after I lit the grill.

Reply to
Shane

i wish it did it for me.....i only really have a mouse problem in *one* vehicle (of MANY)...and it is driven at least once per week....apparently in the early

80's chevy did not "seal" up the heating system in its trucks very well....this summer(yes very strange to have a frigging mouse convention in a vehicle in the summer) i caught over 20 mice with a mousetrap set in the floorboard....it got *that* bad....and the little bastards stink....so mothballs would be nothing but an improvement...

------------------- Chris Perdue

*All opinions are those of the author of this post* "Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug"
reply take your PANTS off
Reply to
Chris Perdue

With all the kitty cat talk going on,at last an ACVW connection.Seriously though,a couple mothballs in each heater bellows should keep the mice at bay without making you uncomfortable.Their sense of smell is much stronger.Don't forget to put a few in the trunk(if it's a bug).Steve

Reply to
Ilambert

A Jeep guru said that Irish Spring soap keeps mice out! I have not tried this trick yet, but I am sure it smells better than mothballs!

Someone try it and let us all know. Anyone want to be the guinea pig? lol

dave

Agreeing with the others, mothballs work very well......after watching my dad's truck burn up because of mice.....I make it a habit to protect all my cars with them.... Sneaks

Reply to
Sneaks

yup, driving the car as much as possible should help. opening & slamming shut doors on cars that can't be driven with some regularity might help too.

I think some of the pricier classic car mail order joints offer some kind of sonic devices to deter mice, but whether they work or are worth the $$ is another matter.

=================================

" ..... I ain't no bandleader!!"

Reply to
Jack Woltz

I read recently that fabric softener sheets work as well as mothballs, but I can't verify this.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Brower

I keep our ghia up in the barn and have yet to have a problem with mice. Cats !

Randy

RSMEINER

Get one of these:

Howard Rose

You know that is not a bad idea... have a few outdoor cats. Found this web site... not sure if it works, I guess it can't hurt to try it.

Narley Dude®

Reply to
Narley Dude®

hell i'll try anything *except* those stinkin moth balls.....wonder if my irish spring sport soap would work?

------------------- Chris Perdue

*All opinions are those of the author of this post* "Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug"
reply take your PANTS off
Reply to
Chris Perdue

...didja see who the manufacturuer is?....."Marty....its your kids Marty....they are in trouble".......

Sneaks

Reply to
Sneaks

Fabric softener sheets work good for that and make your car smell April fresh too! We use them in our travel trailer and in the spring when we open it up again it has no mouse damage and it smells good! Just lay some scattered throughout the car and under the seats and in the engine compartment.

Blake

Reply to
Benson

I think it should. At least it'll keep the car smelling fresh! lol

dave

will definitely give it a try....and as far as keeping it fresh, its gotta be better than mouse piss....