Mini Adventure

Went to Kemp Road trails again today and took Connor this time. Here's a few pictures... First we tried to go through a puddle I avoided last time. I should have charged straight for the middle of this one but I tried to be slick and drive around it. Results:

the winch out and learned a new trick. Seems that if I turn thesteering wheel left and right over and over as I'm trying to get outof a stuck spot that the kinda helps me to crawl out. I winched outabout 6 inches and then used that rocking technique to get the rest ofthe way out:
getting stuck early in the trip I decided to "take it easy" butI almost got stuck again in another big puddle so I decided to CHARGEback through it on the way out of the trails... Unfortunately therewas a huge chunk of concrete just on the side of the trail that myfront left tire caught on. Result:
drove the rest of the way back of the trails on it and then borroweda tire iron from a dude who saw me limping along and was able tochange the tire. Yeah, that's right. I didn't even have a tire ironwith me. D'oh. I had a can of fix-a-flat but the tear in thesidewall would have made it a waste of time to even try using it. Thespare I put on is in the right orientation (not flipped) so the buglooks lopsided now and handled weird on the way home. I'll sort itall out before taking it out again but I'm too tired to mess with itright now. :-) Would have made a short web page about this miniadventure but I only took 4 pictures this time so I think that wouldhave been overkill.

-- Travis (Shaggie) '63 VW Camo Baja...

corrodes the vessel that carries it.

Reply to
travis

Wow and I thought my day of chasing goats was full of adventure.

href="

">Den's 1978Puma

Reply to
Dennis Wik

We Don;t want to know *why* you were chasing them Dennis............

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

MUADIB®

Reply to
Tim Rogers