Mini Cooper!

..............I've seen that too. I didn't bother to look at the price but it doesn't surprise me that they'd try to get more money for the 'convenience' of not having to worry about the correct mixture of anti-freeze & water. Many people would assume that 'ready to use' must be better. It must be a 'what the market will bare' thing. My favorite anti-freeze story is when I asked the VW dealer here why their AutoBahn brand coolant was $20 per gallon. The parts counter guy said that VW owners like to pay for quality..............lol

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Howard Rose:

We have that in the USA, too. It just amazes me, but of course we are also the country with 3.2 beer.

Reply to
jjs

On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 13:33:48 +0100, Howard Rose ran around screaming and yelling:

LOL...i have seen the same "premix" here in the states....one gallon size and yes it is more expensive than straight anti-freeze...amazing what people will pay for "convenience"....heh JT

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

How 'bout a new bottled water - "50% genuine imported spring water!"

Diluted water! What a world.

Reminds me of other strange things, like the pre-weathered jeans and beat up "biker" jackets. If that's so cool then maybe we can sell "sun faded" paint jobs. There's no end to it! Anybody want to buy genuine used oil from a classic motorcycle? "Genuine Harley Oil seasoned through a 1956 FLH". And lemmie filter your next beer through my royal kidneys, too.

If we're so smart, why ain't we rich? Could it be because we have some class? Speak for yourself. I got no such.

(Mad John tired from sweating out a hailstorm warning last night. Man, I just got to get a garage.)

Reply to
jjs

On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 10:35:55 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@xyzzy.stafford.net (jjs) ran around screaming and yelling:

some people can't stand the thought of ripping others off?

happy Chris here......woot....85 and sunny for the third day in a row...we did get some snow flurries and a little sleet on wednesday if that makes you feel any better....heh JT

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

I had the misfortune of working at the King Kwik convenience store during college, and a little after. The already mixed anti freeze would have been perfect for their clientele. The dirtbags would pull up in their old Buick that leaks every possible type of fluid, and they would always fill their anti freeze, oil,power steering fluid, transmission and brake fluid after pumping their $2.00 worth of gas, and using the change from their food stamps to buy rolling papers and a quart of cheap rotgut beer.

Bill Berckman

67 Beetle
Reply to
Bill Berckman

I used to get a similar gut-wrenching feeling watching folks buy car parts and "go fast" goodies at this place that sold nothing but factory rejects and failed products. Okay, it was named "Odd Lots". Nuff said, except they also sold outdated canned food. Eeeeuuuuuooooo.

Reply to
jjs