Modifying bearings/saddles for 80-over line bore?

Thinking of using an otherwise good case that was line-bored to

80-over...yes, I know, I know, far from the optimal situation, but the budget is far from optimal as well. Current motor took a crap and the case is not useable (well worn 1300 case). Looking to build something that will last a year or so until I can afford the big "new" motor. I know that such a case will likely suffer from some oil pressure and/or flow problems and I know in most cases like this are junk...however, it is fresh from the machine shop (sitting for a couple years), full-flowed, cut for 90.5, decked, and welded behind #3...for whatever reason, the machinist went ahead and line bored it to 80 without telling the owner that it was cut to 60 already.

That said, seems like I heard that there is a modification you can do to the bearings and/or case in a 60 or 80 over line bore to help mitigate some of the oil problems that go along with these type motors...something about the oil hole in the saddle not lining up with the hole in the bearing.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? If so, can someone please explain what needs to be done or point me to a web site that tells such?

Thanks!

Reply to
Eric Godelfer