Need cleaning tips for New Beetle Cloth Interior

6 months ago I bought this great car and I carry a water bottle with me all the time. It's summertime condensation and a few spills on the passenger seat has left some type of stain (watermark on the stainguard coating maype??) or discoloration. Because the material clearly has reacted to liquid in this way, I am hesitant to just throw something at it. Anyone have any idea of VW does put a fabric protector on it OR maybe you've found a way to keep the seats looking great??? Thanks in advance for any light you might be able to shed on this subject!

NOTE; I lean towards more natural cleaning products as a general rule. For house cleaning I use Bon Ami, Vinegar and Hyrogen Peroxide as my basics; however, I really want to hear what other people have used.....the more earth-friendly the better!

Thanks so much! ~lisa lynn

Reply to
procology

procology kirjoitti:

You might get more answers in the correct newsgroup for your car: rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

We here concentrate on the old, aircooled volkswagens.

Jan

Reply to
Jan

the TDI....if your cloth seats are not connected to a beetle with the TDI, you are not hugging the tree properly...thank you...ours are aircooled...none of that pesky glycol mixture to kill the wildlife and ruin the enviroment...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Joey Tribiani kirjoitti:

watercooled content of the day: replace the old skool (ethylene)glycol with propylene glycol. It is as toxic as the regular stuff when new, but it's much more environmentally friendly, as it breaks down faster to relatively harmless substances when disposed of.

You must flush the whole cooling system though, the two types of coolants should not be mixed.

Jan

Reply to
Jan