Needed: THING Wiper Motor Pinout Picture/Schematic

Just picked up a '74 Thing with a flashy custom paint job(Pics here:

I'm trying to reinstall the wiper motor but don't know which wire goes to which connector.

I'd really appreciate if someone could pull back the rubber boot and snap a couple of pics of the wiring to the switch. Or if someone know of an online schematic for it.

Thanks in advance!

Reply to
Matty

'74 THING should have the Column-mounted switch. It's the same as the Beetle.

Look at this page of my web site:

is a wiper section with simplified diagramand explanation.

My simplified diagram doesn't show the wire layout, so go here:

download this diagram:1972 1300 and 1302 USA de Y for Beetle. It should be the same as yours and showing the exact colors of wires.

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

Thanks a bunch, Jim!

Reply to