new and sayin hi

just joined up on the newsgroup so sayin hi

got a 1970 beetle that i am starting to work on in the near future .. likely will end up with a lot of questions .. hehe

Reply to
Flea

Welcome aboard. '70 is a nice year.

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

Yeah, it's my production year Roger

Reply to
bug '59

Welcome! There is a wealth of knowledge here, just ask. A few things to remember to make the stay more enjoyable:

Take the time to search past posts, you will most likely find the answer you need without waiting.

Keep us updated on your progress, we enjoy each other's success (and enjoy even more the failures:p).

Please do not post pictures, links to pictures are fine, but binary posts are not allowed.

Have fun and stick around!!

Sneaks '68 T1

Reply to
Sneaks

indeed....i was conceived in a red one....

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Reply to
Eric

Welcome!

Be sure to take pictures of your progress. It is fun and useful to share them but sometimes you'll wonder "now, where did that piece go... ?" and pictures serve as great reminders (ask me how I know)

Remco

Reply to
Remco

thanks for the welcome ... hehe i know how to use the search function for messages so of course i will be doing that first before posting a message lol ...

on the pics part ... i learned that quite a few years ago ... but i still always end up with left over parts and bolts when i finish working on something ...

Reply to
Flea

"Joey Tribiani" schreef in bericht news:FXLeh.47851$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe15.lga...

So... you are about 35 years old?? I've pictured you uhm... more mature?

Roger

Reply to
bug '59

Reply to
Wadope

"Flea" wrote

Hi there

I'll go on ahead and delurk too then! I'm new here but not new to Usenet ;o)

I also recently acquired an Irish-built '70 Beetle needing mucho, mucho work and even more tlc. I imagine I will also be searching for and politely asking for the combined wisdom of those on here.

I have started a blog for it all....but its probably not worth posting the link yet....nothing much doing until I've finished the evening course in welding ;o) The welding really needs to take priority over the rest of the work, so I'll concentrate on that first.

For what its worth we've also got a '71 Type 2 single cab pickup, and an '84 T3 camper. ;o)

Reply to
caroline

"an Irish-built '70 Beetle..."

manufactured in Ireland?? Can you expand upon that?

"T3 camper..." I'm not being picky. Type 3 usually refers to the Fastback/Squareback cars. What we called the Vanagon in US is known as the EuroVan or T25 elsewhere.

Anyway, we welcome you and your project here.

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

And welcome to you too!

You will want to join this forum:

If it's been done to a Super, these guys know it. Site has tons of tech refs too.

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

i'm a 73 model.....

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

I most certainly can! Have a look here for more info:

the website mostly concerns itself with the VWs made in the Ballsbridge (Dublin) plant, when the Ballsbridge factory closed down, another factory was set up on the Naas road (which is where my Beetle was built). I believe they continued making them on the Naas road until '77. (less than an hours drive from here)Irish-bult VWs have a little shamrock etched into their glass...a cute touch I think.

That's why I said T3 not Type 3 ;o) Over here (Ireland) they are most commonly referred to as T25s...but more correctly known as a T3 (as a Bay is a T2 and a Split is a T1, (and the newer Transporters are T4 and T5 respectively)...not ever to be confused with a TYPE 1 2 or 3...although it IS a Type 2) are ye confused yet *LOL* I believe on mainland Europe it is more common to call them a T3 or even a Bulli....they wouldn't have a clue what a T25 was if you told them you had one ;o)

Reply to
caroline

Well, live and learn!!

Thank you. (bookmarked)

Loved the rust in peace page too:-)

Here's the US equivalent:

also:

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

"Speedy Jim" wrote

Thanks for the links...also bookmarked ;o)

Your website looks handy too.. bookmarked as well ;o))

Reply to
caroline

"Joey Tribiani" schreef in bericht news:ZT%eh.968$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe20.lga...

.....I'm sorry... I really thought you were older One try to make a picture of a person(s) by what he or she is writing... guess I was death wrong..

Roger

Reply to
bug '59

"Kim in Tulsa" wrote

Hi Kim

Great to see you here!

I've tried to leave comments for you a couple of times, but it looks like they're still not getting through?

Good stuff you're doing though...I check your blog regularly ;o)

Reply to
caroline

Hi - and good luck with the bug !

Reply to