New heater boxes

Hey gurus-

Bought new heater boxes and muffler the other day and put them on last night. Everything lined up pretty well except for the lower connection (wide band clamp)that mates the two together. This is the connection below the pulley cover, not the one that accepts the hose from the fan shroud. I don't think there is anything I'm missing, it just clamps together, right? I'm assuming I can just run a short piece of the flex hose over the joint and clamp on both sides, since it looks like it's just getting air from the fan. Anyone have this problem before with a good fix?

Thanks.

Reply to
RhinoJockey

If you keep all the nuts and bolts 'finger tight' till you get everything lined up, you can usually get pretty close. If you tighten 'as you go' then things are usually _not_ close when you get to the end !

The band clamp connection you mention is just cool air from the fan shroud on its way through the heater box. A small leak may not cause you too much trouble. Its best to get as much cool air through the heater boxes as possible, even if you wont be using the heated air to heat the car. This will ensure the heater boxes dont toast your heads from underneath !

Rich

Rh> Hey gurus-

Reply to
tricky