Non-starting after replacing genny :(

As you know if you read my push-rod question, I've been trying to replace the genny on my 69 Bug. I got the push-rod thing sorted (thanks guys!), got the genny changed and bolted everything back on. Jumped in the car, turned the key and...

The engine turns over, but there's no spark :(

help! Is it possible I've got the wires switched at the coil? On the right hand side terminals there is a green wire, which leads down to the condenser/distributor and a yellow wire which leads up to the carb (The yellow wire has 3 connectors). The left hand side of the coil just has a black wire that disappears into a loom heading for the front of the car.

God, I've had a long coupla days!!!

thanks,

Rob

Reply to
Rob Lynn

...move the yellow wire to the left with teh black wire...

.....Gareth

Reply to
Gary Tateosian