Off to Yet Another Week of Work...(and a question...)

Ok, ok, I know things have been a bit quiet around here lately (LOL!:~) It has been a while since I've asked any real VW related questions, so here goes...

I have a set of 6V Bosch FanFair horns that are going to be installed on the '59 Beetle. Does anyone have any experience creating brackets for these? Or am I going to have to drag out my welding bottles and start bending metal until I hit on the correct shape for brackets??? Seems to me that the horns are going to have to be installed between the overrider on the bumper and the blade and the bracket is going to have to provide adequate support for this without giving too much on rough roads that cause excessive vibration.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Hints? Anyone want to tell me to go to Hell???

All are welcome and solicited...

-- John Willis

Reply to
John Willis

The only suggestion I can give is to make sure the brackets aren't too stiff. The horns need to be able to vibrate. As for telling you to "go to hell", I'll leave that to the flamers among us. ;-) Dave

Reply to
Dave Brower