Oil Bath Cleaner hookups

I'm thinking of going from an paper filter to an oil bath filter at my next oil change. I have a 1600DP with a 30PICT3 in my SB. I want to make the change to see if it runs better in the cooler mornings. My current intake manifold does not have the vac hookup for the paper filters preheat mechanism. I'm not sure where the two holes in the top of the filter go to. I assume the one on the right hooks to the pill box next to the preheat hose. Does the left one go to the carb?

I think I'm all set on the other ones. I'm going to clean it up this weekend and change the oil in a week or two. Can I use 20W-50 oil in the bath or does it have to be SAE30?

Thanks again for all you help.

Houdsie

Reply to
Houdsie

This site may be of some help:

Jim347a

I did look there, but I didn't see any reference to the hoses on the older model air cleaners. I've also looked on the Samba at the classified ads in hopes I can make out where these go in the engine pictures, but the pics aren't clear enough.

Reply to
Houdsie

Yes, left goes to intake mainifold nipple right below the carb mount. I can pmail you a pic if you wnat.

js wrote:

Reply to
blackshimmer89