OT Agent newsreader setup

Hey y'all. I've been using Agent for my newsreader for a while now. I haven't made any setting changes to it recently but now it acts differently. I check for new messages and it gets them and I can view them. but as soon as I check new messages again it erases all of the other ones. So each time I check messages I can no longer read any of the old ones. It just displays the new ones for me to read. Anyone know where I could change a setting to make it quit doing that? It's really annoying. Thanks.

Reply to
Shaggie

Search for an option saying 'display only read messages' :)

(I am serious :L)

Reply to
Eduardo Kaftanski

...up top next to the little binoculars you will see the words "unread messages" click on that and it will open up....choose "all messages"...

....I personallly "like" seeing only the unread messengees...and only click to all messages when I need to re-read something..

...Gareth

Reply to
Gary Tateosian

I didn't notice if it said "unread messages" before I clicked on the binoculars. Now it says "all messages"... I'm about to click the lightning bolt to check messages... I'll know in a second...

Reply to
Shaggie

That didn't do it. :-(

Reply to
Shaggie

./..odd...works for me =-) Right next to messages is the binocular...I change to unread messages and it stays that way....which is pretty damn annoying....so I change it back to unread messages...dunno whats different about yer aagent program...

...gareth

Reply to
Gary Tateosian

Like I said, I didn't change any settings. This behavior just started happening without me telling it to.

Reply to
Shaggie

Maybe your ISP is expiring much faster?

Reply to
Eduardo Kaftanski

Group Properties > "What to purge" or "When to purge" are where you find this setting usually.

Reply to
Michael Cecil

Oh snap! That was it. It had a check mark next to "when retrieving new messages" for "when to purge." Next question is how in the hell did that get checked. Thanks! :-)

Reply to
Shaggie

on the very top menu bar, click on Group>view messages>view all messages.

Make sure *view all messages* is checked.

Works that way on my version of it anyway

I'm using 1.8/32.533, or something like that.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

MUADIB®

Now that you've got that figgered out, go to "online" and click on the drop down menu for get all messges for selected group, for each group you need to re-collect headers on.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

MUADIB®

You're welcome.

Reply to