OT Big Box Retailers

................hmmm...........OK

...................hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Reply to
Tim Rogers

On Wed, 08 Oct 2003 02:54:44 GMT, "\(O\\|/O\)\(.\\~/.\)" ran around screaming and yelling:

thats original....mr.4play...(lol...does your boyfriend enjoy it?)

all i have to do to show more "stupidity" is quote some more of your pathetic posts....keep em comin clown.. j

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

On Wed, 08 Oct 2003 02:17:16 GMT, "\(O\\|/O\)\(.\\~/.\)" ran around screaming and yelling:

all of the bullshit talk from *you* about stupidity, and you can't even post a proper message....ironic huh? J

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

We have an ACE Hardware near where I live that is less than 1/2 mile from Home Depot. You go in there and their service is much better than Home Depot. I went to buy some paint for some steps a couple of weeks ago that needed to be mixed, and I really did not know exactly what to buy, and they had Three people all helping me to make the best decision. As it turned out, the paint was just what I wanted. :o)

Bill Berckman

67 Beetle Pictures at
Family Reunion Show Sept 21 2003 Cincinnati OH
Bill Berckman

"Tim Rogers" wrote

Somebody call me?

-- Scott

Reply to
Scott H

"travis" wrote

Now, this is just my opinion .. but I think it looks better if you spell it `dammit'. Glad I ....yada, yada

-- Scott

Reply to
Scott H

When Walmart moves in, welfare follows. Walmart degrades the community. Walmart is the lowest of the low. Nobody _needs_ Walmart.

Reply to
jjs

> =461&dept_id=484742&rfi=6> > Bill Berckman

> VW/Porsche Family Reunion Show Sept 21 2003 Cincinnati OH> >

KWW

Getting a little perspective on this.... it is sort of funny that we talk about the "little guy" these days when these "little guys" are actually the "big guys" of 50 years ago or so. There was a fuss when the "department stores" and "supermarkets" drove out the little mom and pop corner stores and specialty boutiques. I wonder what the future holds? Will our decendants someday be fighting to preserve the "little" WalMarts as they fight to survive against the megasuperonmimartkets? (OR we will be in total anarchy and fighting each other over a crust of bread that falls from the garbage of the super rich that make up 0.0000001% of the world's population...) KWW

Reply to
KWW

It's all in what you want. Big Box retailers offer variety of selection at low prices. Customer service is almost nonexistant. Smaller stores offer less variety and usually higher prices but the customer service is usually much better. Often the little store had a monopoly in the area and the big box provided the first competition. The little store couldn't compete (maybe customer service wasn't quit what it should have been). Just because a big box moves in doesn't mean the little guy is gone. I took a second job at a family owned hardware store once. When Lowes AND HQ put in their stores the owners thought the end was near but decided to fight. The choose to be tops in customer service. If we didn't have what you wanted we would find it for you elsewhere. We loaded everything into your car/truck with no questions asked. Free coffee was offered as you entered the store. It became all about the customer. When the big boxes finally opened business slacked for a short while then picked up better than ever. Why? Many people needed that customer service. They needed that help choosing between flat or semi-gloss paint, pine bark or cypress mulch, St Augustine or KY blue grass. That is how the little guy has to survive. If they can't compete in customer service then they will go the way of the dinosaur.

Reply to
1974 Std Sunbug